ABOUT THE POSITION
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading the organization in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
Financial Performance: Develop resources sufficient to the ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Leadership Clarksville to include submission, to board of directors, of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements accurately reflecting the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for identifying and maintaining a database of potential donors.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and volunteers to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for facilitating the strategic planning with the Board of Directors to ensure the organization fulfills its mission into the future.
- Responsible for enhancement of organization’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with professional, civic, and similar organizations.
Organization Operations: Oversees and implements resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of Leadership Clarksville operations.
- Responsible for soliciting, training, and maintaining volunteers to assist with accomplishment of Leadership Clarksville’s programs.
- Responsible for effective administration of Youth Leadership Clarksville.
Alumni Relations: Works with alumni to ensure a healthy and positive relationship with the program exists.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database of program alumni.
- Responsible for communicating and interacting in a professional and positive manner with program alumni.
- Responsible for designing and implementing functions that will engage Leadership Clarksville alumni with the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three years of successful experience in nonprofit management and/or fundraising
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently to set and meet deadlines
- Solid hands-on budget skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with current technology to include, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and similar platforms
- Ability to interface with and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with board members, volunteers, donors and staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Ability to occasionally work irregular hours for meetings and functions of Leadership Clarksville
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a letter of intent, resume and references to:
25 Jefferson Street, Suite T-2
Clarksville, Tennessee 37040
Email is the preferred method of submission of these items.
Application Deadline: February 24, 2023